L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Foundation Review

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Hello loves!

So today I'm going to talk about the L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte foundation. I'm all about a nice, glowy canvas, but there are times in which having a good matte (in this case demi-matte) foundation comes in handy.


Before I talk about the product itself, let me give you an idea of how my skin is. I have combination skin - oily t-zone, and during the wintertime I do tend to have dryer skin everywhere else on my face. I do not have acne prone skin, but when it's that time of the month I will have a blemish or two hanging out for a few days.

Knowing that this is a matte foundation, I make sure to moisturize and really give my skin a chance to soak it up, since matte formulas can accentuate any dry patches on your face. For the application of  this product I have used both the beauty blender and my buffing brush from Real Techniques, and they both work great, but of course for that extra flawless finish, I prefer to use my beauty blender.

The product itself is very lightweight - I was expecting it to be pretty thick, and having that feeling of actually wearing foundation on my face. Absolutely not the case with this! Coverage is great, and found that it covered everything with just one layer. As with any drugstore foundation, I was concerned about picking up a color that won't match me correctly. I chose to go with #106 Sun Beige and it is a great match to my skin color. I don't know what my MAC foundation number is- because I don't use MAC foundation, but for reference I use MUFE HD foundation in 153.

Wearing L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte foundation in #106 Sun Beige
L'Oreal claims that the foundation wears for 24 hours. I mean, who the heck needs to wear foundation for that long?! I do however, have some long days and don't have time to remove my makeup, and start over when I go from work to a night out. The very first time I tried out the foundation, I applied it at around 10:30 AM, and didn't come off until I got home at around 2:30 AM. It held up incredibly well! It is also an oil control foundation, but I still expected my t-zone to get oily at some point - which it did, but it didn't disturb the foundation on my face too much (if that makes any sense). 

Cons? This foundation may not be suitable for dry skin. It will emphasize your dry patches and make you look cakey. If that doesn't stop you from wanting to try this foundation out, just make sure to exfoliate all that dead skin away, and make sure to moisturize really well before application.

Overall I would definitely recommend this foundation. It truly is matte, long lasting, makes my skin look amazing - without the heaviness! Excellent foundation to pick up when you are on a budget.

What are your thoughts on the L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte foundation?
post signature

4 comments:

  1. I love this foundation! What are u wearing on your lips? It looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is ur shade at mac foundations

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is ur shade at mac foundations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, is it the shade super close to MUFE Ultra HD 153? cos i wear the same thing but it oxidizes on me, after a few hours looks like i got a fake tan. Would you say that this is the exact shade of MUFE and does it also oxidize? thanks so much. Would love to try this as a cheap sub for my MUFE.

    ReplyDelete