Too Faced Born This Way Foundation Review!

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Hello beauties!

I was lucky enough to receive a full size bottle of this foundation when I attended Generation Beauty at the end of May. As soon as I got back to New York I started testing this out, and didn't want to make a decision based on what I saw the first day or two of wearing it.


Now that I have been testing it out for quite a few weeks now, I can finally say that I LOVE IT!

Here are some of the highlights of this product, according to Too Faced:
- Medium to full coverage
- Oil free
- Has Coconut water to replenish moisture to your skin
- Contains Alpine Rose to brighten complexion
- Has Hyaluronic Acid to balance skin

As far as application, I used both a beauty blender and a buffing brush to apply and found that either way gives me a flawless finish, but I prefer buffing this one out. A little bit of this product goes a long way.

Coverage is definitely buildable, and it does so beautifully - it does NOT make your skin look like it has layers on, and best of all no cake face. It is very lightweight, which I appreciate. This foundation isn't matte, and leaves you with a nice, radiant finish that isn't overly dewey. It really makes you look like you have naturally flawless skin. I do want to point out that I used the Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Face Primer underneath.

Too Faced Born This Way foundation in Honey
Wearing the Born This Way foundation in Honey
Now, for the cons. After about 5 hours of wear, I notice that my t-zone is a bit more oiler than usual (even though this foundation is oil free), but it isn't something that bothers me too much. Touching up with some blot powder fixes that. The other issue that I have is that Too Faced does not make this foundation for dark skinned girls! Ummm, what?! When I got color matched (which was Honey), I noticed that there was only one other color above that, which is Caramel and thats it! However, a few days ago I saw that they will be releasing deeper shades. I just wished that they released it all at once so that women of all complexions enjoyed it at the same time.

Overall, I do recommend this foundation to anyone that wants a natural finish. Seeing how oily my -zone tends to get is the only downside, so if you have oily skin do be careful (yes, even if it says it's oil free.) Try it out for yourself, and let me know how you like it!

Born this way retails for $39 and you can purchase it on TooFaced.com, Sephora.com and in Sephoras stores.
post signature

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!