Colourpop Cosmetics Review & Swatches

Monday, March 23, 2015

Hello Dolls!

I have been seeing Colourpop all over social media for months, and finally decided to give in and see what all the hype was about - and I definitely see why everyone is in love!

Colourpop cosmetics is a company based in LA, making quality products at a price point everyone can afford. Like, seriously affordable. $5 for an eyeshadow and a lippie stix/pencil, $8 for a blush. You can easily go overboard picking stuff up at that price point. I limited myself to 5 eyeshadows and 2 lippie stix and it's matching lip pencil. Not too many things, but this won't be my last purchase!

The colors that I purchased as far as eyeshadows go are: So Quiche, Get Lucky, Amaze, Fringe, and I Heart This. They are all amazingly pigmented, just the right amount of glitter, and I didn't experience any fall out with any of the colors. The texture of these eyeshadows are unlike anything else I have in my collection. They feel slightly moist to the touch, and almost sponge like. Press your finger firm enough on the shadow, and it will leave a dent.

Colourpop Eyeshadows
Top from left to right: So Quiche, Get Lucky, Amaze. Bottom: Fringe, I Heart This
Colourpop Eyeshadow Swatches
Swatches from left to right: So Quiche, Get Lucky, Amaze, Fringe, I Heart This
The Lippie Stix I purchased were Lumiere, which is the color KathleenLights created. It is a matte finish, but it is not drying at all! The other shade I purchased is called Bound, and I got the matching lip pencil as well. As you will see in the swatch below, the lip pencil and the actual lipstick do not match AT ALL (the lip liner is way darker), but I promise they both work together perfectly. Bound has a glossy finish to it, but I do have to say, it does not last as long on my lips compared to Lumiere.

Left to right: Lumiere, Bound, Bound Lip Pencil
Overall I do recommend Colourpop to anyone that is interested. They offer a whole range of colors, they come out with different collections, and with it being so affordable it won't do much damage to your wallet! If you want to check them out yourself, you can visit them at colourpop.com

post signature

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!